Pupil PremiumWhat is Pupil Premium?The Pupil Premium is additional funding given to schools to support disadvantaged pupils. Peter Hills School receives additional funding for cared for children and for every pupil who has received free school meals over the past 5 years.We up-date our records annually to make sure we have an accurate account of the school population. However, if your circumstances change please inform the school office.If you are in receipt of any of the following your child is eligible for free school meals:
- Income Support
- Income based jobseeker’s allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child tax credit, provided they are not entitled to working tax credit and have an annual income, as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190
- The guarantee element of state pension credit
- Employment support allowance
If you are unsure of whether or not you are entitled to free school meals, the school can check for you using the confidential Eligibility Checking Service. If you would like us to check for you please provide the information requested below.
- Claimant (i.e. parent) NI Number (or)
- NASS Reference (for asylum seekers)
- Claimant (i.e. parent) Date of Birth
- Claimant (i.e. parent) Legal Surname
As with everything we do at Peter Hills ensuring the quality and effectiveness of our initiatives and programs is essential. With this is mind the school ensures this extra funding is put to good use by establishing priorities each year. We use up to date research to guide our spending to ensure high impact strategies.